Svend Hansen School is full in planned classes in Kindergarten to Grade 6 in the Regular Program. As a Level 3 - Lottery school, we can no longer accept any students in these grades. Families with resident students who newly move into the school’s attendance area for the regular program in Kindergarten to Grade 6, please contact us FIRST at 587-489-4724 to assist you with your registration at our overflow designated school, Weinlos School. For students in grades 7, 8 and 9 please contact the school for more information.
A resident student of Edmonton Public Schools has at least one parent or legal guardian living in Edmonton who is not Roman Catholic. Non-resident students can enrol in another Division school with space in planned classes.
Our school has a lottery process for new students enrolling at our school for the 2021-22 school year. This only impacts new students wishing to attend the school and does not impact students currently at our school.
Each grade will have a limit for the number of classes for all grade levels. If the number of new students enrolling exceeds available space, a lottery process will be used.
LOTTERY PROCESS ONCE PRE-ENROLMENT CLOSES
After pre-enrolment closes on at 4 p.m. April 15, families of resident students will:
- receive a call from the school about the lottery results by April 23;
- be able to attend their overflow designated school or choose to enrol at another school with space. Siblings may also enrol at the overflow school, and
- request to be placed on a callback list if spaces open before September 30, 2021. Students must be enrolled at a Division school for the 2021-22 school year to stay on the callback list.
REGISTERING AT AN OVERFLOW DESIGNATED SCHOOL OR OTHER DIVISION SCHOOL
Our school will help resident families who were not selected in the lottery process to register at their overflow designated school, Weinlos School for K-6 and Kate Chegwin for 7-9. If families are choosing to go to another Division school, they will need to call or email their preferred school to see if there is space.
Siblings will also be able to attend the overflow designated school, but if families choose to go to another school with space, siblings are not guaranteed to attend.
REGISTRATION AFTER APRIL 15
- New resident* students to the Division who register for the 2021–22 school year after pre-enrolment closes on April 15 can be added to the bottom of the callback list. They can attend their overflow designated school, another school with space, or remain at their current school, if applicable.
*A resident student of Edmonton Public Schools has at least one parent or legal guardian living in Edmonton who is not Roman Catholic.
TRANSPORTATION TO OVERFLOW DESIGNATED SCHOOLS
- Yellow bus service to the overflow designated school will be available for eligible students. Bus fees will apply.
- Edmonton Transit Service (ETS) is the preferred transportation method for junior high students; however, if ETS does not meet Division standards, eligible students attending their designated school may be able to apply for yellow bus service. Bus fees will apply.
More information about the lottery process is available on the Edmonton Public Schools website. If you have any other questions, please contact our school office at 587-489-4724.